Monday, August 17, 2026

Top 5 This Week

Related Posts

Man Heartbroken After Trees Planted With Father Are Cut

A Malabar man is seeking answers after several mature almond trees that he says he and his father planted approximately 25 to 30 years ago were recently cut.

The man, who identified himself as Joel, contacted TG News asking for the situation to be highlighted, saying he was deeply upset by what happened to trees his family had cared for over several decades.

According to Joel, the almond trees had grown to approximately 40 to 45 feet tall. He said the Borough of Arima would normally carry out maintenance by trimming the tops of the trees and branches extending close to the roadway.

However, Joel said that last Wednesday, people arrived with a lift and carried out extensive cutting of the trees.

“I plant these trees here, I and my father. And it hurting me,” Joel said.

He also said he had previously arranged for Prestcon to provide benches in the area.

Joel is now seeking an explanation about who carried out the work, why the trees were cut so extensively and whether the work was authorized.

TG News has not independently confirmed who carried out the cutting or the reason for the work. The relevant authorities should be given an opportunity to clarify the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Follow us on Instagram: @news.tringlobe
Follow WhatsApp channel: Tringlobe Media WhatsApp Channel
Join a WhatsApp group: Join Trinidad WhatsApp group

Follow our Whatsapp channel
Like and follow us on Facebook

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Popular Articles

Click to listen highlighted text!