Categories: Top News

Five Arrested, Firearms and Ammunition Seized in Ongoing SOE Operations

Five Arrested, Firearms and Ammunition Seized in Ongoing SOE Operations

Five suspects have been arrested and two firearms along with quantities of ammunition seized during a series of coordinated anti-crime exercises conducted under the ongoing State of Emergency (SOE).

In one operation, officers of the North Central Division Gang and Intelligence Unit carried out an early morning exercise between 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2026. The exercise targeted several individuals across the division and resulted in the arrest of three suspects, aged 19 to 28, from Tunapuna and St. Augustine. They are currently being held for gang-related and firearm offences.

The operation was led by senior officers including DCP Martin, Senior Superintendent Gift, Superintendent Jaikaran, ASP (Ag.) Bharath and ASP (Ag.) Pierre, with support from the National Operations Task Force and the Canine Unit.

In a separate incident, officers conducted an Operation Steady Guard exercise in the Maracas Bay district between 7:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on Monday, March 30. Acting on a report of a man seen with a firearm, officers responded and arrested a 37-year-old man from North Coast Road. He was found in possession of a revolver loaded with two rounds of 9mm ammunition and one round of .38 ammunition.

That operation was spearheaded by W/Senior Superintendent (Ag.) Guy-Alleyne, Superintendent Birch, ASP (Ag.) Callender and ASP (Ag.) Beepot, and included officers of the Coastal and Air Support Unit.

Meanwhile, officers of the North Eastern Division Task Force conducted another exercise between 11:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. on March 30, during which a 26-year-old Venezuelan national was arrested for possession of a pistol loaded with a quantity of ammunition. Personnel from the San Juan Police Station and the Criminal Investigations Department also participated in that exercise.

Police say investigations into all three incidents are ongoing.

Join the Trinidad and Tobago WhatsApp update group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DKueX7ZV35626FbOsKBt03

News Desk

Recent Posts

PNM Says Queen’s Hall Cancelled Previously Approved Annual Convention

PNM Says Queen’s Hall Rescinded Approval For Party’s Annual Convention Without Giving Any Reason

6 hours ago

Moruga Community Mourns Martinez Martin Phillip’s Passing

Moruga community gathers to honor Martinez Martin Phillips life.

6 hours ago

Groom Cancels Wedding Days Before Ceremony After Shocking Revelation

Groom cancels wedding three days before the ceremony after overhearing fiancée's secret about her ex.

7 hours ago

San Fernando Police Seek Public Help to Reunite Woman with Dementia with Her Family

San Fernando Police Seek Public Help to Reunite Woman with Dementia with Her Family

9 hours ago

Guevarro on Emergency Leave; Benjamin Leads Police Service Without Formal Acting Appointment

Guevarro on Emergency Leave; Benjamin Leads Police Service Without Formal Acting Appointment

13 hours ago

Couva family calls on HDC over longstanding sewerage problem

Couva family pleads with HDC and Phillip Alexander for help resolving longstanding sewerage problem urgently

14 hours ago
Click to listen highlighted text!